There are many advances happening in Dentistry that are making the patient’s experience more enjoyable, comfortable and faster. In my previous article, we explored my top 5 favorite dental innovations; Laser Therapies, Advanced Whitening, CEREC Same-Day Crowns, Minimum Prepared Veneers and Pain-Free Dentistry.
Here are five more dental innovations:
1. Dental Implants to replace missing teeth have come a long way! With a multitude of shapes and sizes, implants are being used to correct missing teeth from a full arch of teeth to the very smallest of lower incisors. Mini-implants are being used to help keep dentures in place and to anchor several important teeth movements in orthodontics. These outcomes were previously impossible, and now are very predictable for a lifetime of better chewing and smiling.
2. Invisalign Orthodontics have more than five million cases successfully completed using their advanced digital technology. We are now able to complete most cases in half the time or less than the original time to complete the case very safely. We were previously changing aligner sets every two weeks. Now with very specific devices and procedures added to your Invisalign case, that time is shortened to changing aligners every week and in some cases every three days. This is very exciting as it shortens the time in active tooth movement to in most cases just a few months rather than a year or more.
3. Holistic Dentistry is very important today as we are seeking safer products to put into our bodies. There are many new products available to our dental professional that are metal-free, PBA-free and non-toxic. We need to keep our bodies as safe and healthy as possible by eating whole, organic foods, hydrating with non-acidic and chemical-free drinks and using non-toxic dental products. Our job is to help every patient to live a long, healthy and productive life and we have to do our part!
4. Digitally Enhanced Smile Design and Analysis Photos are really enlightening and truly help people decide how they will look with the smile design of their dreams. We are now able to take your full facial smile and digitally edit the photo into the smile of your dreams. The enhanced smile may be of our own design or one of a celebrity that you find online or in a magazine. This is a really fun and enlightening process!
5. Cosmetic Dentures are wonderful! People with dentures are now able to participate in the cosmetic dentistry revolution of today. Implant-supported over-dentures are able to provide excellent chewing function and also the natural, whiter, youthful smiles of that enhance that persons’ entire facial appearance. The teeth are set in these dentures just like a Smile Design for natural teeth. A Cosmetic Denture may take ten years off the facial appearance for that person.